BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH US
Compagnie de Beau Vallon Ltée is one of the main economic players in the Southeast of the island. We have considerably diversified activities over the past fifteen years into key sectors such as diversified agriculture, hospitality and property development.
We are currently looking for a knowledgeable and detailed-oriented Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the Group HR Manager, the right candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of payroll in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with all legislations.
- Collect payroll information from related departments and business units
- Calculate overtime, deductions, bonuses etc.
- Ensure that approval is obtained before processing collected information in the system
- Ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction
- Update, verify and process payroll for the different departments and business units within established deadlines
- Respond to all staff queries on pay and related matters
- Ensure the continuous implementation and improvement of payroll procedures and processes
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Ensure compliance with all requirements and legislations in relation to payroll
- Liaise with the service provider for all issues related to the payroll system
- Perform monthly and yearly statutory returns in a timely manner
Payroll Administrative tasks
- Ensure timely communication to employees regarding declarations, returns, etc.
- Ensure statement of emoluments are prepared as per legal requirement and circulated to employees by end of each financial year
- Prepare and distribute payslips
- Keep abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage/tax laws, and apply amendments as appropriate
- Maintain and file all payroll documentation
- Liaise with Auditors for any payroll related matters
- Prepare periodic payroll reports for review by management
- Generate and submit requested HR metrics as per set timeline.
- Responsible for the administration of the private medical insurance cover and pension fund and assist employees with related queries
- Provide daily support to HR team
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Officer
- BSc/BA or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, or relevant field
- Proven experience as payroll officer or payroll specialist
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Sicorax)
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Outstanding organisational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills